What we believe
- We believe in one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in God the Father who has created the world and governs all things: that He is the believer’s faithful Father.
- We believe in God the Son as Jesus Christ who came to this earth, died on the cross to pay the penalty for His peoples’ sins, and arose from the dead to give them new life.
- We believe in God the Holy Spirit who lives in the believer that he may grow in his understanding and expression of the Christian life.
- We believe our main purpose in life is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God written. In the Bible God has revealed what we are to believe concerning Him and also what He requires of us.
- We believe all men have sinned and fallen short of God’s requirements. They can be saved only by grace through faith in the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.
- We believe that God does His work through His church. The church is involved in a Word and Deed ministry, faithfully preaching the Word of God and doing the works of Christ as we reach out in compassion to the lost and needy.
A summary of our faith is contained in the creeds and confessions we share with all Christian churches:
- The Apostles Creed
- The Nicean Creed
- The Athanasian Creed
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- The Belgic Confession
- The Canons of Dort
Copies of the above documents are available upon request.